According to remarks made in court, Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy is now the subject of new rape and attempted rape accusations.
Mendy allegedly claimed to have slept with 10,000 women, according to a BBC investigation.
I’ve had s3x with 10,000 women, thus it’s okay, a jury was told, according to a BBC report.
The incidents allegedly occurred in October 2020 at Mendy’s home in Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire, and involved two ladies who were 24 and 29 at the time.
The 28-year-old football player has entered a not guilty plea to both allegations.
At the moment, the trial is being held at Chester Crown Court, and the jury is made up of six women and six men.
Mendy had been cleared of prior s3xual misconduct claims made by other women in a trial that ended in January of this year, the presiding judge, Stephen Everett, told the jury.
The court admonished the jurors against researching the prior trial or observing media coverage linked to it and instead urged them to make their verdict only on the evidence provided in the current trial.
Benjamin Mendy was exonerated of one count of rape in September 2022.
Judge Stephen Everett oversaw the clearing at a trial at Chester Crown Court on September 13, 2022.
The French international was cleared of the rape charge brought against him by a 19-year-old woman, according to The Guardian.